Mapesbury Community First Panel (completed Spring 2015)
The primary aim of the Mapesbury Community First Programme was to support the Cricklewood Improvement Programme’s Neighbourhood Plan through capacity building voluntary activity in the Mapesbury Ward. This programme has now closed as all the funding available has been allocated. The key objective of the Cricklewood Neighbourhood Plan is the improvement of Cricklewood. The vision has been defined as “to make Cricklewood a safe, healthy, tidy and desirable neighbourhood whose development is driven by residents in collaboration with councils and other relevant organisations”. A copy of the Mapesbury Community First’s Plan is available HERE
Projects we have supported since 2010 include:
- 20th Willesden Scout Group. http://www.scouts-willesden.org.uk/page6.html
- Brent Age UK Advice, Information and Wellbeing event. http://www.ageuk.org.uk/brent/our-services/
- Activities such as football for the youth of the area, supported with advice on healthy living for their parents/carers or friends. http://wizz-it.com/wizz-it/2427/?c=15506 supporting young people into work through the development of recruitment skills, and workshops to encourage a more positive approach for adults and support them into work.
- Community video projects – 2014
- Flower power workshops for children http://www.northwesttwo.co.uk/gallery.php?id=91
- Improving life outlook workshops, www.urbanwoot.com
- Music evening at the Dell Trust scheduled for Tuesday, 17thJune 2014 http://www.mapesbury-dell.org
- An Open Studio arts and history weekend across the area September 2014
- Two workshops supporting the artistic activities of both children and adults in the area which were showcased at the Cricklewood Festival in September 2014 .
The final project funded is a Legacy Project which has taken the evaluations from the activities funded above and set up some programmes to meet the identified needs for upskilling in social media to improve the marketing of the activities across the groups, support with funding applications and support for developing linkages from the Cricklewood website to the projects to support their development. We look forward to meeting many of the members of the groups we have supported at these workshops.
The Community First Programme focused on the following priorities:
- community cohesion linking to the strategies in schools, local businesses, residents and creative groups supporting youth and the elderly
- celebrating the history and culture of the population in Mapesbury
- efforts to promote positive social behaviour.
Who are on the Panel
The panel members are all involved in the Cricklewood Improvement Programme and are drawn from the two Mapesbury Resident’s Associations - Gerry Weston, Chairman of MapRA and the Ward Panel and Marie Hancock, Treasurer of NW2. To contact any members please email firstname.lastname@example.org, with the name of the person you wish to contact in the Subject line.
Events related to this group [ show all ]
Wednesday 1 May 2013, 7-11pm
The Crown Moran, Cricklewood
31 August to 7 September 2013
Venues across Cricklewood Broadway
Saturday 20 September 2014
new public space on Cricklewood Lane NW2 + Keyes Road
20 to 26 September 2015, 1-6pm
Cricklewood Lane Town Square and Keyes Road
1 October to 31 July 2015, 12-1pm
Ashford Place, 60 Ashford Road, london NW2 6TU
Friday 20 November 2015, 10am-4pm
Related news [ show all ]